GRASS Cliftonville CIC are committed to protecting our environment so that in years to come our beautiful venue will be here for all to enjoy.
This is our commitment to help reduce our waste and help reduce our impact on the environment.
We will segregate waste and we will encourage all our volunteers and clientele to do the same.
GRASS Cliftonville CIC has committed to undertake the following actions:
- We will encourage our staff, volunteers and clientele to use reusable water bottles and will have a facility for them to wash their vessel and supply drinkable water through our shop to reduce single use plastic waste. We will investigate going completely plastic free over the coming year.
- Our tea and coffee will be served in compostable cups, and we will have a wash facility for those with reusable cups. We also ensure our vendors have a reduced rate for those using reusable cups to encourage this.
- In the bar at events there will be recyclable cups.
- We will actively encourage our clientele to arrive at The Oval bandstand on foot, by bicycle, or public transport.
- Leftover food, where possible, will be given to local homeless shelters.
- We will use compostable containers for all our food from all GRASS operated concessions.
- We will also use locally sourced foods in our concessions and encourage all other vendors to do the same.
- We will provide bins and signage so that waste segregation is easy for volunteers and clientele to use and therefore will reduce waste going into landfill.
- We will ensure all litter is picked up at the end of each event.
- Where possible, we will up cycle and reuse when planning building projects.
We in turn will ask our clientele and performers to join us in reducing our environmental impact by taking the following steps and encourage them to create a sustainable venue.
- Take time to dispose of waste in the correct bins.
- Bring their own reusable bottle or cups on the day of the events
- Arrive at our venue on foot, by bicycle or by public transport