GRASS Cliftonville CIC is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of our Volunteers, so far as is reasonably practicable, and recognise that the effective management of health and safety is an integral part of our overall business performance. We also fullyaccept our responsibility for other persons such as contractors and visitors who may be affected by our activities.
The objectives of the Policy are to ensure that our statutory obligations are met, but these are regarded as minimum standards to be exceeded wherever possible. We will continually strive to improve our management of workplace risks.
- Ensure there is adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work
- Provide and maintain systems that are safe and without risk to health for:
- working conditions
- Implement safe practices and procedures in connection with the handling and use of hazardous
- Ensure that
- all employees are competent to carry out their duties
- provide new recruits, and existing employees with
- appropriate information
- training and supervision so they can cope with the particular health and safety aspects and/or responsibilities associated with their job and place of work.
- Provide and maintain adequate facilities and arrangements to enable all employees and their representatives to raise issues of health and safety.
- Consult our employees on matters affecting their health and
- Provide adequate facilities and arrangements for employees’ welfare at
- Make regular safety inspections and set safety
We will ensure that adequate time and finances are committed in pursuance of these aims and, provide Competent Persons, including the use of experts as necessary.
Whilst the onus of Health and Safety falls primarily on Management, all employees have legal obligations to take all reasonable care to protect themselves and anyone else affected by their acts or omissions.
GRASS VOLUNTEERS, EMPLOYEES AND DIRECTORS MUST CO-OPERATE BY:
- Working safely and efficiently to approved methods
- Working with regard to the safety of themselves and others
- Adhering to the Company’s/Committee safety procedures and rules
- Reporting all accidents in the proper way and co-operating in the investigation of accidents and measures taken to prevent recurrence
- Reporting possible hazards, defects or dangers
The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment of committee and volunteers at all levels. Full details of the organisation and arrangements for health and safety are set out in separate sections of the Safety Policy document.
This policy will be regularly monitored to ensure that the objectives are achieved. It will be reviewed annually, and, updated in the light of legislative or organisational changes